Library of Things
A library of things is a collection of objects to lend out besides what is traditionally offered by libraries.
At Blanchardville Public Library, we have a variety of things available for you to borrow and use.
Picking up vegetable and herb seeds at our library is free and easy! All you need to do is:
- Browse our collection of seeds next to the library’s New Books Shelf. You can pick out as many seeds as you would like, just limit yourself to one packet per type of seed.
- Write the date and number of packets you took on the provided “check out sheet” on top of the seed library.
- Use the binder on top of the seed library to access information about how to grow the different types of seeds in the library. You can make copies of any page in this binder and more information will be added as we acquire more seeds.
- Plant your seeds and enjoy!
- OPTIONAL: Collect seeds during your harvest and donate them to the Blanchardville Public Library so that we can restock the seed library. You can also donate seeds that are not currently in the seed library.
- Bell Pepper
- Butternut Squash
- Eggplant (Italian)
- Green Beans
- Onions (Bunching)
- Romaine Lettuce
- Sunflower (Black Oil)
- Tomato (Celebrity)
Available seeds can change from week to week. Contact the library for a full list of available seeds.
The Blanchardville Public Library’s Seed Library started in 2022 with a grant of $1,335 from Iowa County.
Everyone is welcome to use our library’s electric upright piano with the use of headphones. We also have a small collection of sheet music and “teach yourself piano” books that are available for checkout.
Board Games & Puzzles
We offer a collection of modern and classic board games and puzzles for checkout. Library staff do not count board game materials when they are checked back in. If you believe some pieces are missing, please let library staff know so that we can replace it.
We have three fishing poles and a tackle box available for check out with your library card! Bait and fishing licenses are not included, but people under 16 don’t need a fishing license. The poles and tackle box are behind the front desk, and you can ask a staff member to check any of them out for you.